Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Relief Available From Contaminated Laundromat Washer Water: Ozone Sanitizing

I discovered a solution for contaminated water at the 2011 Clean Show in Las Vegas. My fellow worker Liz and I searched the convention center for new ideas. The one idea that made the biggest impression on me was the exhibition of a water heater company named Hamilton Engineering. It was marketing an Ozone injected system that sanitizes the water used in a Laundromat. This means no more dirty water, and you no longer have to wash your baby's blanket in someone else's dirty water.

Xandy wants Ozone washing. . .
My girlfriend in the picture is Xandy, and she loves to wear frilly nighties. She swears she wears these items because they're comfortable, but I don't believe her. I have a few private items and I know why I wear them and it's not to be comfortable. Here's a picture I snapped at our last pajama party, now tell me if you think it looks comfortable.  It just made me want to go to the gym the next day. 

Anyway, I was telling her about the article I read - that 50% of home washers are contaiminated with fecal matter. Disgusting! And that percentage must be much higher in Laundromats.

The dirty secret of the Laundromat industry is that the leftover water in washers means that the next user is really washing their clothes in someone else's dirty water. Iccchhhh!!!!!  (Did I spell that correctly?) Little germs, infections, dirty underwear residue, dirty diapers, bacteria and who knows what else are pooling around your clothes when you use a washer after a stranger has washed their own "dirty laundry."

This product has been around for years,  and is currently used by nursing homes, hospitals, and even prison systems.  Infections, colds, and bacterial infections are common in these places and the expensive systems used were not affordable to an individual Laundromat owner.  Now they are; even Xandy is looking for a store that has installed the new system.  What a competitive advanatage over the other Laundromats in your area.  See... and you thought I might not have anything good to share with you?  ;)

       -The Latina Laundromat Advisor

No comments:

Post a Comment