Sunday, July 3, 2011

Laundromat Grand Opening Parties and Promotions

The best way to promote your Laundromat is through “word of mouth” advertising.  This means you do something special - or unique enough - that your customers tell their friends and neighbors.  One of the things Hispanics love, and I’m sure everyone else does, is a party.  I’ve arranged and promoted a lot of Laundromat grand opening parties and have gotten pretty darn good at it.
Marcie or a bicycle? 







I was telling my friend Marcie about one aspect of my grand opening Laundromat promotion that includes the giving away of gifts through a drawing held throughout the day.  I have balloons, candy, tacos, soda (regular Coke only for Hispanics, no Diet Coke please) and a variety of small gifts and toys.  I also usually provide one special Grand Prize, something like a child’s bicycle as the prize of the day.


Everyone who registers gets a number and the numbers are called out during the day.  The numbers are put up on a chalk board and people have three hours to come in and claim their prize.  Marcie asked me how many gifts I was giving away at one grand opening I was running and I said there were 120 gifts.  Marcie loves to be the center of attention so on the day of the grand opening she shows up at the party wearing a bow in her hair and claiming she would be one of the gifts.
She introduced herself to the two girls I had at the reception sign in desk, the clown, the face painting ladies, the balloon man, the taco cook and every customer that showed up that she was going to be the grand prize.  Imagine her surprise when the man who won the prize looked at her and the new bicycle for his child and choose the bicycle.  Marcie just doesn’t understand Hispanics. J


                                     -The Latina Laundromat Advisor

No comments:

Post a Comment